Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

The power of intention

It never ceases to amaze me that when I am reminded to focus on what I am thankful for and intend to have in my life how quickly my attitude changes and results occur.

This is the case with my personal and professional life with too many examples to note. This simply reinforces a need to focus on those things which also happen to be in line with Cognitive Behavioral theory as far as shifting your conscious process.

Try it for a week. I challenge you to approach your life from a place of gratitude being thankful for what you do have (or want) as if you will always have it (or already do). It may be a little 'new age' for some and that is not normally my cup of tea. But, your brain is a powerful tool.

Check out the movie The Secret or What the Bleep Do We Know.